Tuesday, October 31, 2006

From the mouths of 'babes'!
..
I have the awesome privledge of leading a group of 10 & 11 year old girls in our Sunday school which is called 'Promiseland'. We work from a syllabus created by a church in America. It is a wonderful way to work as all the leaders work together with the same theme. Some of the leaders do drama and our praise and worship is awesome, the kind that I enjoy where you have to do all the actions to the words. More than often, I outshine the children as I become a wild child for God.
..
Then we have our small groups where each leader gets the chance to interact with their little ones on a one to one basis. I have an A5 hardcover book which is used for notes and lesson previews which I do in the front of my book. In the back, I get the girls to write their prayers for the week, requests that I take home and pray about. I wish you could see what these girls write, straight from the mouths of babes. Their childish sincereity is enough to cause tears in most. The best part of this, is that although I pray for them, God has already answered the prayers that are within His will, as the girls wrote them down. How awesome is that? When I check up and ask about their week , so often they tell me that the problem has gone, confirmation that God has answered their prayers. We then give thanks.
..
Lord Jesus, thank you for allowing me a time of sharing Your way with these young girls , for giving me the opportunity to love them and enjoy them. Father God, please give me the ability to plant seeds for You, righteous seeds that would grow in these girls and never stop growing. I pray Father God that You would bless all the little children of the world, and give them all the chance to learn about You. Thank you Lord for our children, may you give us all the ability to love them according to Your will, in Jesus name I pray, amen.

No comments: