Saturday, October 21, 2006

Listen Up!
There is good reason to listen to what I have to say, because I need to share what I call instant answer to prayer. No, God did not build a pool in my garden overnight, even though He could, and no I still have the curliest hair in my family, and no I did not wake up this morning looking like I had an extreme makeover.


I am married to a man who has never really taken to family quality time, like playing swingball or swimming and playing marco polo, or going to the beach or taking the family bowling etc. This is by no means a fault, merely a choice, a choice that I respect because its his perogative . During his relax times he prefers to sit in front of the TV and watch his favorite programs which basically seem to last forever. So when I ask him to join us and he says, "ok, I'm just watching my favorite program," you can imagine what the result is. Although he has many other qualities that make up my love for him, I do sometimes wish that he would join us.

This morning whilst I was busy praying, I specifically asked God to soften his heart, to fill him with a desire to spend quality time with us. Well. I could not believe it when he came back from a hard morning at work, his first words were, "I've decided that we are all going to sit out by the pool this afternoon, swim and just be together whilst we braai." My jaw immediately dropped open and I let him in on my morning prayers. I gave thanks for instant answers. I had to laugh as I imagined God realized how much I wanted this and just threw it in as a bonus with all my other answered prayers. Oh our God is an awesome God, a God who loves to spread happiness, love and joy. He certainly made me happy today.

So, the reason for the picture of the pool, that is where we are swimming today whilst we enjoy an early braai together. What more could I ask for?

ENDEAVOR
You must endeavor to say a prayer
Before you start each new day
For God loves you and does care
An He'll be with you all the way
1 Peter 5:7 (NKJV)
"casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you."
Copyright Reserved

No comments: