Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Failed or Foiled?
In this case, both.
I am on a mission for God and every which way I turn I find myself acting out His works or teaching His word or writing for Him or attending church services or fellowshipping with my cell group or just listening to my gospel music or singing the songs I write for Him. But these are common results of my attempts to achieve my goals. The children don't pitch for rehearsal, the teachers are too busy to assist me, I have a migraine and am unable to teach or go to church, everyone needs me at the same time so I am unable to concentrate on my writing and when I do fatigue sets in, the galvanising company is sending a new guy so I have to wait for him and miss my cell group, the tape deck in my car is tired, causing the tapes to stretch and I'm too tired to sing. Phew, get down and stay down is what I often feel like doing and more than often these interfering situations cause me to moan and groan. But because I know I am under attack, that Satan is not enjoying my lifestyle like I am, I am almost always able to keep standing. Sometimes I allow these mishaps of evil forces to get to me, causing blankness in my mind which inevitably creates an inability to pray immediately. However, nine times out of ten, my defense is to get praying and then I get on the phone and organize for the links in my prayer chain to join up and wham, God steps down in front of me and Satan is foiled, his nasty attempts at bringing me down, failed! I have learnt through experience that if you call on God, (Jer 33:3 NKJV), He will be there for you. He is our Father and protector and for as long as we honor and worship Him, He will answer all our calls for help. He loves us so very much and enjoys knocking Satan out of our face. Never fear with Jesus near because with Him close Satan's nasty desires will always go down as 'foiled and failed'!

GATHER
When life seems out of control
And nothing is going right
When bad things are on the roll
And you feel you want to fight
Sit back and gather your mind
Get a hold on God your Father
It's solace in Him you will find
As its peace in you He would rather
So don't fret all on your own
And live in unorganized mess
Cause God won't leave you alone
As He takes your turmoil and stress

PSA 29:11
"The Lord will bless His people with peace"
Copyright Reserved

No comments: