Sunday, October 22, 2006

Fear What.......Fear Not!

2 Timothy 1:7 (NKJV)
"For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind."
A sound mind is a happy mind, a peaceful mind and definitely a wise mind. You may ask how do you go about establishing all these awesome emotions. Well, I know I've achieved mine through obedience, obedience to God my Father. I used to live in a world of fear, I was scared of every imaginable scary thing, be it walking, crawling, big, small, the dark and much more. I woud lay in bed at night and would not sleep for fear of whatever you can imagine. I drove everyone around me insane and would often drag them into my pitiful pit of fear too, so I had another set of eyes peering over the edges watching nothing, but still just watching. I would pray for peace but would ultimately hang very tightly onto my fear, it was mine, so as God stretched out His hand to take it, I would pull it away like a child saving their sucker from another's choppers. I could never maintain a stare without flickering my eyes around , fearfully checking for the unknown. Then I was told once that God's will for me is peace , not fear, that my fear was being instilled by evil forces. So I went home and prayed for God's will of peace over me and, wow, I slept through that night and have done since. I believe this time round I felt comfortable enough to let go, now knowing His will. I still fear, but my fear is now healthy fear because I fear God my Father. Fearing my Lord Jesus Christ causes me to be wise through obedience which then fills me with His peace, which takes away the fear of the world. So now it's not a case of 'fear what' but rather 'fear not', because God is with me.

No comments: