Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Block...frustration!
The frustration of writers block is beyond mention, it can resort you to punching the wall behind you resulting in bleeding knuckles to remind you for the next week how bad it was. (not really, you just imagine it..., I think it would be too sore and I don't like pain that much). You prepare to sit and write and then ....then....blank. You start thinking about everything else but what you intend writing about. What shall I take out for dinner, or its coffee time, or I need to change the color on my nails and so on. Then you get like a jump start shock and realize that you have been out of it for some time. This happens sometimes when I am praying too, my mind just wanders off in places that have nothing to do with my prayers at that moment. My pastor suggested that we all keep a pen and notepad close by whilst praying for times like this. Then you can pause and write down, collect the cat food or take meat out for dinner etc and then continue with your prayers, knowing that you will no longer forget your to do's. I have tried it and it works well. I do the same if I am away from my computer, I try and write down thoughts. However, this is the part where I talk about 'frustration'. I'm behind the wheel of my car in heavy traffic, my cell phone is in a pocket that I am unable to reach. I have a thought, an amazing idea for a writing project but am driving so can't write, my cell is unreachable so can't record, and when I get home I have forgotten completely what the amazing idea was. It was a bestseller kind of thought, a million copies a day kind of situation...gone...like the wind. This resorts to punching the wall with both hands so that you have bleeding knuckles by two hands and now a double reminder for another week on how frustrated you were. The morale of the story, don't think and drive.

1 comment:

Tom said...

Hello Cheryl,

I have read through several of your articles and would very much like you to share with my part of North America your work by considering to join www.thewelcomematproject.com
We are a group that have dedicated themselves to enhancing the quality of life for all people. If you decide you like us and want your own forum, register and leave me a message on site as to the name you want your forum to be.

I hope you are having a good day

Welcomemat