Sunday, October 08, 2006

On the 12 March 2003, we packed up our lives into our two vehicles, our caravan and boat and headed south to start a new life. It was not through choice but rather political pressure in a country that we were struggling to survive in.
LOST OR NOT?
We have to watch our backs
When we leave our home
Cause we're prone to attacks
And we're scared to the bone
This kind of life is horrid
Do we really want to stay
Either way it'll be morbid
If we remain or go away
And the reason for this
Is cause we love our home
So do we stay without bliss
Or go away and feel alone
Whichever way we go
It seems we'll never win
So don't follow the flow
Follow Jesus, your best kin
1 Kings 18:21
"If the Lord is God, follow Him"
Copyright Reserved
We moved into our new home on the 6 May and after being in Durban for 2 1/2 months, I had not yet found a place of worship, a place like I had enjoyed at home in Zimbabwe. I had attended a church called 'River of Life, a charismatic church which was alive and vibrant, the kind of church that I loved to be a part of. Without fellowship, I became smothered in self pity, bitter and twisted, reminiscing on my recent past pains, my boys leaving for UK, my mother passing away in January, us leaving our home, the death of my precious cat, leaving my emotional father in Zim. I had started taking on every part of my life on my own again, I forgot to include God. Fear and all the baggage I had carried for so many years were now more prevalent than ever. I yearned for my wonderful friends but sadly they too had all left their homes and were now scattered around the world. I felt so alone as I built a wall around me, shutting out even my loved ones. Then I met one of the most wonderful ladies I have ever had the pleasure of knowing, a missionary from PappaNew Guinea. Our daughters were both new students at a Christian school. We met in the carpark and hit it off immediately. Joy became my spiritual mentor, my encourager, my listener and God's disciple. Her and her family are truly a family after God's own heart as He holds the centre of all their lives. She was instrumental in my membership at the church I currently attend, the church that has changed my life as I found God again and allowed Him into my life like never before. I let go of my baggage and now walk every day with my Father God as I trust in Him to take my troubles and fill me with His peace.

MILESTONE
Life can be such a milestone
When you do things all on your own
You’re uptight and continually moan
Because you feel that you’re in it alone
But guess what you don’t have a worry
If you turn to our Lord and pray
Just repent and be truly sorry
For the bad that you’ve done on your way
He’ll touch you and let you know
You should trust Him in all that you do
And He’ll be with you wherever you go
He will always and forever love you
And as you surrender your all to Him
In pure faith and untainted trust
Just know He will cleanse all your sin
As you learn life with Him is a must
So don’t do anything without our God
As His blessings will enrich your life
Pray with faith in your prayers out loud
And know happiness will be yours, not strife

MATTHEW 3:2
“Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand”
Copyright Reserved

No comments: