Thursday, October 05, 2006

This is my brother Les, the second born in our family of six, in attire that he loved and wore most of the time when out. In the 1990's not sure exactly when , my mother was instrumental in bringing him to Jesus. He led a different life for a while but slowly took the easy kind of life back after experiencing a few hiccups from Chirstians close to him. He was looking for perfection, found faults and immedaitely felt that he was involved with hypocrites. He was in no way a bad apple, just enjoyed life to the fullest. Him and I were the two kareoke singers in the family and used to go to gigs together. On the 21 December 2005, we were at a function and during the course of the night he told me that he had given his life to God in the last song he had sung. Les did not talk like this so my first thought was, "hey, what have you done with my brother?" Two hours later on the 22 December 2005, God took him home after a horrific car accident. I realised then that God had spoken to me through Les, to let me know he was ready for him. God knew my prayers for my family and obviously needed to save my spirit from being forever unsettled with not knowing where Les was. From that moment on, to date, I never played my radio again for fear of hearing the songs we sang because the pain was unbearable. I only listened to gospel music which I find very refreshing. The pain of his sudden loss has been one that has lingered with much disbelief. Today, whilst I was organizing music for our play rehearsal, I looked at my CD's and decided to put them on. They played, I cried, they carried on, I sung, I cried, I sang again. Bottom line, a huge break through, I overcame a mammoth obstacle today, I took one step forward and although the pain was there, I did what I have not done since the 21 December 2005, I sang my songs, the songs I used to sing when I was with him. I would imagine that, could he see me, he would have been jubilant and relieved. Les loved singing as much as I did and I know he would have wanted me to carry on for us. This is a poem I wrote for him, a poem that describes him so clearly, a poem that I tearfully read at his memorial.

COWBOY LES
There were no conditions needed
As unconditional love he gave all
He had a loving aura that superseded
Any mountain standing proud and tall
He was a loving mischievous cowboy
Who never failed in sharing his love
He had a given gift in spreading joy
With pure attributes from God above
He had a heart that was larger than life
With not an enemy deliberately earned
He had no interest in quarrels or strife
As he chose peace over all anger learned
He worked hard and played the same way
And never failed in friendship with none
He lived life to the fullest every day
Without ever missing a measure of fun
He was such an awesome man so great
A son, father, brother and friend we'll miss
But God's happy as He ordained his fate
And promises that with Him Les is in bliss
REVELATION 21:7 (NKJV)
"I will be his God and he shall be My son"
Copyright Reserved

No comments: