Monday, October 16, 2006

Use not Abuse!

When I pay insurance premiums, I believe in using the service if the need arises. For example, our geyser burst and was leaking quite badly, I called our bond insurance and they organized a plumber and paid the cash up front for the service rendered. In actual fact, we funded the service because we have paid up monthly premiums. That's how Insurance Companies work, you pay and pay and pay and when you need them, they become your hero when you have no monetary means, that's why you pay them, a kind of security facility. Its a comforting convenience that many enjoy. However, there are those that abuse the system, those that cause our premiums to increase because of their consistency to drain the system dry. This brings me to the use and abuse of God our Father. I absolutely love to use God within His loving will. An example is, we had a late requirement with a service company, we should have phoned for collection on Friday but were not sure if the job would be complete. When I've tried to call for the same day collection before, they have not been able to collect. This morning was one of those times. On this occasion, I put God's answering to the test. I prayed for His compassion, that He would instruct the supplier to collect. I then phoned and the supplier politely said, "no problem, we'll collect today." This almost immediate answer resorted me to tears as I gave thanks for His awesome compassion and lightening response. I know that when I ask within His will that He will never let me down and the more I give thanks and praise , the more He seems to want to give. God spoils me with His love and is never too far when I call on Him. I could easily abuse His faithfulness by expecting Him to answer for everything I ask and then not give thanks. However, I don't believe for one moment that God would adhere to abuse, He's too street wise. Do you use or abuse God's love?

Father God, I pray that you would guide us as we seek answers in different areas of our lives. Lord Jesus I pray that we understand your will and know that for as long as we pray within that, you will answer in love. Help us to learn form your word what you require from us Lord so that we do not mistakedly abuse you. Teach us Lord to use you as you use us for your glory. Thank you for your ears Lord, for hearing this our prayer. In Jesus name I pray, amen.

No comments: