Thursday, October 19, 2006

Popularity!

I'm sure I'm not the only mother that can brag popularity with her children, not always but very often. Just the other day I overheard my daughter arguing that my chocolate cake is the best in the world and the other child was defending his claim of his mothers fame to chocolate cake. Its a wonderful feeling which causes me to want to do more to please to earn more praise. My sons in the UK also reminisce on past years as they recall moments and put me up on a pedestal, its awesome to say the least. I am so happy that I am a mother because I believe that it must be the best job ever. Now imagine this, if my three children can cause me to feel so wonderful, just think how awesome God must feel when we acknowledge Him as our Father and praise Him. He has millions of children and I believe the more we praise Him and cause Him to feel popular, the more He does for us. He loves to be praised and thanked for His wonderful works in our lives and the more you acknowledge Him the more He will do for you. So when you're feeling popular, don't forget to pass that feeling onto our Lord Jesus in thanksgiving because without Him you would not be popular, its because of Him that you are.

Revelation 7:12 (NKJV)
"saying: "Amen! Blessing and glory and wisdom, Thanksgiving and honor and power and might, Be to our God forever and ever, Amen."

No comments: