Friday, October 27, 2006

Alienated!
Do you sometimes feel like you're being left out for no reasonable reason? Like you are of the same group but on the outside without even a window to look in? Well, then you are clearly being persecuted if you are best friends with the same guy I am, Jesus Christ. I feel alienated but I have read since in the bible that God calls it persecution. The more I read the more I realize that knowing God is never portrayed in the bible as a bed of roses like so many believe. On the contrary, knowing God and putting Him in the centre of your life means that you are on the hairiest, scariest roller coast ride ever known. Reason being, is that all the evil forces of this world are suddenly going to grab a hold of you, and try and bring you down. The temptations are ones that hit our weakest points, ones that cause us to sweat as we obediently refuse to go that road again. Phew, its difficult to say the least. But I know that I will go even further than required, if I have to, because I am looking forward to my reward at the end of it all. I am looking forward to the treasure trove that God has promised, a new life filled with treasures made up of peace and love and honesty and harmony and gentleness and patience and self-control and so on. God's way is my way and my only way forward!
Matthew 6:21 (NKJV)
"For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."

No comments: