Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Judge not!
If you are honest, you will admit that you have judged or mocked others before, I have! I bet you've sat in shopping malls and watched people walk past and made comments like, wow, "she clearly did not brush her hair before she came out", or, "he looks like he's wearing his PJ's." Those are mild compared to what most say I'm sure. It's easy and seemingly entertaining to laugh at someone else's expense, especially when they are not aware of it. Although this does not hurt the person in question, you must ask, would you like it if others were laughing at you behind your back...., I don't think so. I'm guilty of doing this, once I called a girl I was angry with Miss Piggy. I said she looks like her and is as fat as her. At the time I was slim and comfortable with my weight. Believe me there was an almost instant consequence to my unnecessary cruel words, I started putting on weight for no reason. I was convicted by visible conviction which caused immediate repentance. The bible talks about looking at the plank in your own eye before you tackle with the speck in others, I think the same goes for mocking . You judge, you mock, you pay, simple!
Matthew 7:5 (NKJV)
"Hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brothers' eye."
Lord Jesus, help us to love as you do, and to treat others we know and don't know, with respect and not dishonor. Let us know Father God that judgment is yours not ours. Help us Lord to judge not, amen.

No comments: