Wednesday, October 04, 2006


Its meet my children time. These to me are clearly the best gift of children ever, God truly blessed me. Starting from the left they are Cherise who is 12, Cheyne who is 19 and last but not least, Dustyn who is 21. Cherise who attends junior school, lives with me in South Africa and my boys live and work in the UK. They had to leave me prematurely because of politics and I miss them terribly. Before they left, I organized a surprise farewell. It turned out to be a well attended party and during the evening, I presented them with their going away gifts, suitcases for their Zimbabwean lives, and I wrote this poem, which I read out aloud over the microphone, a poem that resorted many in the room, including my boys and myself, to tears. It was one of the saddest times in my life and as years pass by without them, the pain of distance never fails to cut sharp and deep. I give thanks always for my children and am so happy knowing that all three willingly gave their lives to God and although they may side step, He will forever hold the keys.

GOODBYE MY BOYS
Its time to say goodbye
Which makes me very sad
Please forgive me as I cry
As my heart breaks so bad
But I want the best for you
Both Dustyn and you Cheyne
So let go is what I must do
Even though I feel this pain
I pray happiness for you guys
In the place you're both going
And I hope that time flies
With holidays in the knowing
Thanks for all the years
That you've both given me
And although you see tears
My memories will always be
I love you both so dearly
And I'm going to miss you so
But I know that very clearly
See you again, I will, I know
Copyright Reserved
These are poems that I wrote about my children , my special gifts from God.

My Girl
You are my special little girl
I'm so happy you were born
You know how to twist and twirl
To avoid my loving scorn
I love the curls on your head
And your beautiful cheeky smile
I love you from morning till bed
For you I will go that extra mile
Matthew 9:22(NKJV)
"Be of good cheer daughter"
Copyright Reserved
My Child
You arrived as my special treasure
You created joy I could not measure
You gave me good reason to live
You never failed your love to give
You made me feel young again
You allowed me to be childish and insane
You took great comfort in my touch
You accepted discipline and learnt much
You made me laugh and cry too
You learnt to trust in all I do
You gave so many years so much delight
You made giving feel so very right
You are my child my greatest gift
You have all my love which will never drift
Matthew 6:21 (NKJV)
"For where your treasure is, your heart will be also"
Copyright Reserved
Child Of Mine
You came into my life so small
And tried to walk before you could crawl
You are my child that filled me with joy
With a face so mischievous and coy
I could never get enough of you
As you gave life a meaning anew
I used to sit and watch you sleep
And I was so happy it made me weep
I loved every moment watching you grow
Cause you're so special as you must know
There were times you knew you were bad
And I had to discipline which made me sad
You are my child and I am full of pride
And my love for you I will never hide
Proverbs 23:25 (NKJV)
"Let your father and your mother be glad"
Copyright Reserved

No comments: