Sunday, November 05, 2006

Real Life!
.
There was a time in my life that I did not have or enjoy a relationship with Jesus, I used to fight every battle on my own, gathering more and more unhealthy, miserable, heavy baggage as I went along. This baggage was my security, it made me feel bitter, fearful, depressed and totally unlikeable. I did not know how to reach out and take advantage of what God was offering, so I stayed cowered in the dark places that I knew. Hiding was one of my favorite pastimes, especailly in the dark.
.
Then I met Jesus, and although it took me a long time to get over feeling totally inadequate in His presence, I managed to cross the hurdle to allow Him in. My life changed, I started to feel whole and my load was not so heavy anymore, a load that gets lighter as I spend more and more time with Him. Once I gave into Him, He moved into my space very fast to show me what 'real life' is all about. I became a new born child of Christ, and what a life changing awesome experience.
.
Today I live every day for Him as I strive to obey His laws, and keep away from temptations. Its not an easy life with all the persecution, evil attacks, temptations on weaknesses, living on the straight and narrow and so on, but its a life that I would never change. The closer I grow in my relationship with Him, the easier the walk is, because living the Christian life, with a heart for God, causes me to want to live by the example of Jesus Christ. It is such an awesome life, try it and learn to yearn to live a 'real life' with God our Father!
.
Lord Jesus, I pray for all those who walk this earth, lost and dreary, looking helplessly for hope in the dark places, Lord that you would shine your light in their space, and reveal your truth to them. Allow them a chance Lord, to learn about a 'real life' with You. In Jesus name I pray, amen.

No comments: