Sunday, November 12, 2006

Party in Heaven!

Without a doubt, the angels had a party in heaven today. I can imagine that they were praising God and worshiping as if at a live gospel concert. The reason for this is...wait, let me jump ahead before I say why. In fact I'm sure as I write that you will work it out for yourself.

Today in Promiseland, awesome things happened. We had our lesson as usual and each week we have a topic that we talk about. We give the relevant bible verses and stories. There is a drama or illustration on what our children will learn about. This week our topic was salvation. The Supervisor, with the help of an intern, did an illustration. It showed a small stickman, a big stickman, a stone representing sin and a cross. The idea was that the cross of Jesus takes away our sin and can be the bridge between God and us. We have to choose that though, it does not just happen on its own.

In my small group, I talked to my girls, seven in total today, about salvation. Whilst we each made our own crosses, I asked if any had given their lives to Jesus, none had. I asked if any wanted to and all seven said yes. So we went into the chapel, I said a prayer which they all repeated and they are now reborn children of Christ. How awesome is that?

Remember that little black book I mentioned in an earlier blog, well in that today, I not only got prayer requests, but thanks to God for taking them in, wow.

That is why the angels had a party, wouldn't you?

Prayer: Lord Jesus, thank you for being witness today with the girls in my group that asked you into their hearts. Thank you that you have wiped away their sin and that the blood of Jesus covers them. Thank you Jesus for your amazing grace. In Jesus name we pray, amen.

No comments: