Thursday, November 09, 2006

Hugs galore!

Have to share something so awesome and it goes like this.

I am a leader at our Sunday Promiseland, and I am responsible for the 10 year old girls. There are about +- 15 of them. I have been there now for two years and love it to pieces. Every Sunday I walk in there, I feel a high in my spirit, a high for the innocence of all the children and their desire to be there. One of the main highlights for me is when my girls see me, nearly every one of them, including their little sisters, come running towards me and we share big hugs, I love it. I am sadly leaving year end due to other commitments and I have been receiving little letters, such sweet loving letters. I will miss my place there extremely and most of all, my girls.

Then I have written the end of year play for my daughters junior school and am consequently directing it to. Again, I am obviously working with young children, approximately +- 40 of them, whom I meet with every Friday afternoon. There are many from this group that run to me as they see me and we share big hugs too. I have received a loving letter from this group too. My time there will end after the play and I will again miss my children so very much.

I am helping out with the Thursday swimming training and am responsible for the younger group. Today as I walked towards the pool area, I saw little bodies come charging towards me and again big hugs were shared. This group however, might still be on the agenda for next year, unless of course the school brings in a pro, something I am not. Then I will be missing them too.

HUGS
A hug is a loving touch
A hug should be given without reason
A hug just means so much
A hug should be more than a season

God is so awesome, He changed my heart and He changed me. When you think where I started off with little children, and where I am today. If you are wondering what I am talking about, then you should go to www.calledtowrite.com This is the downloadable outreach magazine, 'Reflections', that I write for. Amongst many other awesome Christian writers works, are mine too, testimonies, stories and devotionals. If you enjoy reading then you should visit the site, its fantastic healthy God driven works for great reading.

Psalm 27:3
"Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, The fruit of the womb is a reward."

No comments: