Monday, November 13, 2006

Gifts in genes!

I have had so much fun this evening with my daughter. She had a project that needed to be completed by tomorrow. The project was to make 2 puppets, a stage and to write a script.

Firstly allow me to tell you that I am gifted in the creative arts. I love craft work and can see masterpieces in somebody elses junk. I work a lot with garden foliage and anything else that I deem interesting. I do flower arranging, greeting cards, pictures, light features and so on. I also love writing and drama is something I find very interesting and fun.

Anyway, initially my daughter sat slumped over saying, "mom, I have this to do and I don't know what to do or how to do it." I gave her some ideas, started her off with easy puppet ideas, gave her script story ideas , helped her with a stage and then left her on her own. I kept telling her that she has great abilities and she must expose them. I just kept on encouraging her and affirming her work and wow. You should see what she came up with, so awesome. I am so proud of her efforts, efforts that will surely earn her good marks.

I have learnt that the gift of creative arts truly runs in our genes, because my mom was also very creative.

Lord Jesus, thank You for our gifts, given by You to use for Your glory. I pray for Cherise, that she would give thanks to You and use her gift for Your glory too. In Jesus name I pray, amen.

No comments: