Sunday, September 05, 2010

God Given Time!

My mom died when she was 66 and I was holding her hand when she took her last breath.

Just the other day I was telling my family that I wish I could go crawl into my mom’s space because she just knew how to make things right. I still miss her so much and she went home to Jesus in 2003.

I treasure the time we were able to share during her last months and we bonded so much. We knew she was going to go, and watching her pain kind of helped me accept that her going home was the best thing. It hurt so much watching her suffer.

I must say, that even though her suffering was absolutely awful, God gave us special times that I treasure, unlike my wonderful brother and nephew who were both killed instantly in car accidents, no time for special goodbyes. I struggle so much still trying to deal with their sudden loss because there are so many of those ‘if only’.

There are none with my mom, because God blessed me with wonderful moments and His gracious time. However, I do not wish the suffering of terminal illness for last goodbyes upon any; all I pray is that everyone knows Jesus so that we can all meet in the streets of heaven one day and rejoice in our new home, His Awesome Kingdom.

Thank You Jesus for being in control. For being such an Awesome loving God, who wants all His children to give of themselves to Your eternal Kingdom, so that we all may enjoy Your Kingdom with You. I pray for all those within my family, who have not yet given themselves to You, that they would be drawn to You, in such a way, that there would be no doubt in their minds that You are Lord of Lords, and King of Kings, and in their recognition of this, I pray that they would willfully give their lives to You, in Jesus name I pray amen.

No comments: