Saturday, December 02, 2006

Why am I supposed to love my enemies?
.
I still sometimes ask the same question until God reminds me of His answer. Look at it this way, we are all God’s enemies in many ways, but He still loves without condition.
.
We are born sinners and we continue to hurt God more than any human is ever capable of hurting us. We ignore Him, we abuse His gifts, we take credit for His works, and we follow the flesh more than the spirit and so on. We only have to deal with a few enemies in our lives, He has to deal with the whole world, imagine that?
.
Since I surrendered my being to God, He has changed my heart. I used to sit and think up the stormiest revenge against my enemies with my plan of attack ugly. Then God took over and wham, I have become a prayer warrior for my enemies.
.
When I come before God, He softens my heart and gives me compassion for those that have hurt me, He portrays them in my heart as He sees them and it causes me pain, which resorts me to sincere compassionate prayer for them. When I think my thoughts, the pain returns so I have learnt to take it to God before I start thinking on my own and it is amazing how He works within me.
.
Because I am able to pray for them tells me that God will answer because He above anyone knows my pain and He knows that I would not normally pray for them without His grace. So when you give your all to God, I believe that He will change your heart to love as opposed to hate, its not what you are supposed to do, its actually Him that does it for you.

No comments: