Monday, December 04, 2006

Say...look what I have, not...look what I don't have!
.
So often, we compalain about things that we don't have and about situations that don't suit us.
.
I am a prime example of just this. I feel sad and complain that I am not with my boys who live in th UK, and that again for the fourth year running, I am not able to spend the holiday season with them. Then I go on about my daughter who will also be away for the third consecutive year running. And then the pain of a near 1 year anniverssary of my brothers death, also causes me to frown upon this time of year.
.
I am so busy frowning and compalining about how hard done by I am, I forget to look at what I do have. I should rather be giving thanks that I still have my three children, that they are all well and healthy. That I still have my wonderful husband to spend Christmas with, that I will not be alone. That my brother gave his life to Jesus just 2 hours before he died in the crash, that he is clearly waiting for his place in heaven.
.
So if you are reading this, take heed and acknowledge what you have, instead of looking at what yu don't have. Lets give thanks to our Almighty Lord Jesus, for His big and little blessings, blessings that we so often allow to pass us by without even a thought.

Prayer: Thank you Lord Jesus for all that you give us. For being in our lives and keeping us free from the evil perils that lurk around waiting to snatch us from your grip. Forgive us Lord for forgetting how much we have, for complaining instead of giving thanks. In Jesus name we pray, amen.

No comments: