Sunday, January 21, 2007

No Pain, just Fruits!

Have you ever fasted and if so did you complete the time set out for that fast?

What sort of fast did you do, did you go the whole hog and just drink water or did you just leave something out of your diet that you would definitely miss?How long did you fast for?

Okay, enough questions and now for some answers from me.

I remember the first time I tried to fast, I failed badly with hunger pangs coming on long before necessary, I believe because my stomach knew my intentions and had to fight back. The only reason I failed though, is because I did not understand the way or benefits of fasting, how to eat without indulging in food.

Then I tired again but this time a fellow Christian had explained how it works and trust me, this particular time I did not fail, I passed.

So, if you need to know the hard and fast rules on fasting, here goes, its as easy as pie. (like the puns, ha ha.)

Firstly you set out a time and reason for the fast. Obviously it has to do with prayer so you would pray about something in your life that needs attention, or someone elses life, or your church or your country and so on.

You decide how you are going to fast, the whole way or just cut something out. Then you start and every time you feel hungry or a desire for that something you left out, you just start praying. You will be amazed how God will fill you up and take away those hunger pangs. Its as if He feeds you with His manna as you pray.

So, fasting is not painful, only fruitful.

Father God, thank you for making it possible for us to fast as we pray to you. Thank you Lord for the food you feed us as we obey you and seek your Kingdom. In Jesus name I pray, amen.

No comments: