Friday, January 19, 2007

Honoured!

Have you ever been told that you look like someone famous, or you smile like that celebrity, or you have the same walk as that singer, and so on.

I have and what an honour when its someone that you have actually admired for many years.

I was at a writing workshop and I had some of my work with me to show the workshop host. We had to pair up with the person sitting next to us, and when the lady I sat next to read my work, she made the most awesome comment, a comment that I will never forget and one I will forever cherish. She said that my poetry reminded her of Helen Steiner Rice's work, what an amazing honour. I say that because all my life I have read and been in awe with her words. I just love her work and when I read her words, I can almost feel the love she had for God, the warmth in her as she radiated His love from within her. Her words were heaven sent as she obviously worked for the greatest boss ever, Jesus Christ.

I am overwhelmed that I too now am employed by the same boss as Helen had. Jesus Christ is my author, just as He was hers. So, as much as an honour as it was to have my work put in the same category as hers, it is beyond the highest honour to be employed by the same employer, my creator and heavenly Father God.

What an awesome honour!

Father God, thank you that you have included me on your payroll, for giving me the best job I could ever dream of having. Thank you Lord for the passion that you instill within me to write for you, amen.

No comments: