Friday, January 26, 2007

Different Roads!

I have not been a Christian all my life and because I lived of the world, I had no problem understanding ways of the world. I just used to fit in with my social crowd with ease.

We were all smokers, used to have a couple of drinks on weekends, if there were problems within relationships divorce was a high topic of interest, we never considered going to church, prayers were a task undertaken only in a crisis and were obviously very self centered, we used to tell what we called white lies, we would take stationary from work without asking as we felt our employers owed it to us and the list goes on. It was a way of life and the only life I knew.

We did not consider ourselves bad people. We did not hurt anyone verbally or physically or damage property or swear or indulge in meaningless intimate moments. So why was there always restless feelings, dark places, fears and insecurities?

Why, because Jesus was not included, Jesus was absent from all and every moment and situation. How could there ever be light and peace without Him in the centre.

Now I live a life filled with endless peace as the Holy Spirit lives within me. I feel secure in Him, prayers are a wonderful needful part of my day, church an extremely desireable event, honesty a joy, addictions a past, all crisis handed over with ease and so on.

I have a new family in Christ whom I understand and love more than any family I ever had, and as I move closer to God, my understanding and tolerance of those still living in and of the world becomes more and more difficult. In fact, they hate what I am about and continuously slander my ways.

We're on different roads but this time I have to study the track a lot more carefully because to be obedient takes more control than being carelessly disobedient. The rewards are fruitful and there are no more dark places. In fact, living for God causes me to want to go the right way, its wonderful.

I feel happy and joyful and loved like never before. A love that only derives from our loving Father God, Jesus Christ.

Come try my road so that you too can be on track, you will never turn back, I promise!

No comments: