Friday, February 23, 2007

Road rage!

Once again I was in the line of aggravated hooting this morning.

When I sit in bumper to bumper traffic, I normally keep about two car spaces behind the car in front and I make sure to keep all intersections clear for turning or verging traffic. I consider myself a courteous driver.

This morning was no exception to drivers who have no concern on the roads for anyone but themselves. Drivers who believe that the roads were made for them only and that anyone else using them are total destruction's who should be made aware of their intrusion.

It was a little red truck with a woman driver, actually a pool company vehicle with all the details splashed over the back and sides. Anyway, she became very frustrated with the spacing I keep and with the vehicles I was allowing through. We came to a straight and she decided to accelerate. With her truck revving, very highly, she started to pass me. I took this as exciting and I raced alongside her and then let her through.

I could just about see the smoke coming out her ears and she was swearing at me very badly with her fingers. This caused me to laugh and I started waving and blowing kisses to her. Wow, this made her more angry which I found even more amusing. We arrived at an intersection where I was turning and on passing her I hooted and waved, she again used hand signals to express how she was feeling. Her face was wrinkled and distorted as she frowned upon my attitude.

This seems to be a regular event in early morning rush and I find myself amused with the ability to smile but more importantly, I feel that prayers to convict them and deliver them out of their bondage of anger more appropriate.

They need prayers and blessings because drivers with such tempers have been known to take matters into their own hands and some may get hurt.

I know laughing is probably wrong as it triggers more anger but it is something I often can't help and I put it down to a nervous reaction. However, in saying that its wrong, I am so very happy that I am able to use the emotion that helps me to enjoy my day in a healthier and less stressed manner, unlike those drivers that for no reasonable reason, get so agitated with me. They should actually laugh with me, it would certainly help them and cause them a lot less stress.

A message to all of them from me, "chill out and rather use your wasted angry energy on much needed prayers for yourselves , your families, nations of the world and more so for other drivers that suffer with the same road rage that you do."

I pray for all road rage sufferers, that God would help you to settle down in traffic and use the time spent in bumper to bumper situations as special prayer and meditation time for Him. I pray that God would loose on you bags and bags of smiles that will cover your faces and invade your hearts. I pray for your health and happiness. Please forgive me for making a joke of your anger and I pray that God would help me to rather just smile and wave my hand in acknowledgement and allow you to take over what you believe is yours. I pray that God would help me then to pray for you as you drive ahead of me. In Jesus name I pray, amen.

No comments: